Strategic Marketing CX 770016
This is the second of two assignments for this course.
This is an individual assessment that you will complete in your learner managed time, however, your teacher will provide opportunities during class time for clarification, guidance, collaborative working opportunities, and group discussion.
LO 3 Analyse the role of strategy development in relation to allocating and coordinating marketing and company resources
LO 4 Discuss the development of a strategic marketing plan, its implementation and control
|Objective:Pick an electric car company and produce a report addressing key areas of the strategic marketing process for that company|
This report is the background that helps students develop the foundation upon which strategic marketing decisions will be made. The focus of this assignment is on a future market opportunity for the company and analysing advantages of an innovation against competitors while positioning for the future target market. It will be based on research and academic content.
Prepare a 4000 word written report (not including executive summary, contents and references) which identifies and evaluates your ability to analyse the role of strategy development in relation to allocating and coordinating marketing and company resources and then discuss the development of a strategic marketing plan, its implementation and control
The report must include:
- A market analysis for your chosen organisation
- Identify and justify a target market the organisation should aim for, analysing the strategic role of an innovation which will successfully position the company for the future
- Analyse two significant competitive advantages (key success factors) relative to identified competition (competitive analysis) and the selected positioning strategy for your company. The discussion must include the rationale of VALUE (relative to the competition) to the proposed target market of the product/company
- Advise one (1) Offensive and one (1) Defensive competitive strategy they could adopt to compete in the chosen market
- Discuss and analyse the marketing mix needed for the offensive and defensive strategies including an in-depth promotional plan
- Discuss the appropriate control functions for the marketing mix
- Describe what the biggest challenges to success will be in the future and what would you recommend your chosen company must do to mitigate the risk
- You have to select a business that has a base in New Zealand but you can use any market worldwide for your discussion
- You are encouraged to be strategic in your choice of business e.g. is the material you require to complete the assignment likely to be available from secondary sources?
- You should discuss your choice with the lecturer BEFORE committing to it.
- The overall report (report format) should be approximately 4000 words. You are required to use outside sources to support points you make in the discussion section of your report. This report requires the use of secondary data only.
- While much of the material will be descriptive with regards to the business, you are expected to link your arguments to the appropriate research & theory and substantiate any claims you make (including assumptions). This means that you should have at least 20 references (not including the prescribed text) in your reference list
- You are expected to seek information from a wide variety of sources to substantiate the claims made in your report; however, the nature of these will be dependent on your choice of organisation.
- Please note you are not required (or allowed) to contact directly any representative of the business you are conducting your report on.
- You must rely entirely on secondary source data, or your own observations to complete this assignment.
You are required to write a report on your identified and chosen business (as defined above). A recommended structure for your report is as follows:
- Cover page
- Table of contents
- Contents (as per report format above)
You must use APA 7th edition referencing in your assessment answers.
As a Level 7 paper, it is expected that all material handed in for assessment is of a professional business standard. This means that it has been proofread, is comprehensible and the source of any facts, theories or assumptions are explicit, substantiated and referenced. Even when no specific marks are allocated for referencing and presentation your overall grade WILL be affected if your submitted material does not comply with these expectations.